Procedures & Treatments
AEROLASE LASER HAIR REMOVAL
WE TREAT ALL SKIN TONES!
LASER HAIR REMOVAL is a cosmetic procedure which permanently removes unwanted facial and body hair. It’s incredibly safe and treatment only causes mild to moderate discomfort. The laser selectively targets the hair follicle without causing any damage to the surrounding skin. Laser hair removal affects the hair that’s in the active stage of its growth cycle, which is why multiple sessions are required for optimal results.
Laser treatment destroys active follicles. Over the course of multiple sessions, you will see hair become progressively lighter and finer as the laser gradually destroys the follicle. You can expect to see 75% to 95% reduction in hair growth over the course of your treatment.
For most clients, a minimum of six treatments to start is recommended. How many treatments you need depends on which area you are having treated, how completely you want to remove the hair, your hair color, hair amount, your genetic background and how strictly you follow the treatment schedule recommended by your technician. For those with hormonal imbalances, you will most likely need additional sessions to achieve ideal results. Appointments are spaced four to five weeks apart, depending on the area to be treated. You’ll see dramatic results even after just having your first treatment.
Before Your Laser Hair Removal Procedure:
- Please shave the entire area you desire treated within 24 hours of your planned treatment.
- Please come to laser appointment makeup free
- Use a broad spectrum SPF 30 (or greater) sunblock before AND after your treatments.
- Please try to avoid natural tanning anytime within 2-3 weeks before your session.
- Avoid exfoliating agents like Retin-A, AHA/BHA, acne medication or any irritating or drying products for 1 week prior to each treatment
- Please notify Mirror Mirror Skin Lab of any changes in topical or oral prescription medications, as they may have an effect on the ability to safely or effectively provide treatment.
- History of herpes or cold sores may require an anti-viral prescription prior to treatment
After Your Laser Hair Removal Procedure:
- Immediately after your treatment there likely will be some slight redness, swelling around the hair follicles and mild discomfort similar to a sunburn. You may use aloe gel or cool packs may be applied. •You may also notice during and immediately after your session the smell of burned hairs. This is normal and will subside with cleansing.
- Do not rub, or pick the treated area. Do not use any loofahs or abrasive scrubs for at least 3 days or until any redness and sensitivity subsides.
- Avoid strenuous sports activities or hot water/ saunas/ Jacuzzi for up to 24 hours after treatment to minimize irritation and prolonged redness.
- If a crusting or blistering develops apply Neosporin ointment twice daily, to keep the area moist until healed and contact us if the area shows signs of worsening condition.
- Continue to use broad-spectrum SPF 30, or higher, for the duration of your treatments.
Scheduling Your Next Treatment:
- After your treatment, the hair may appear to grow for the next few weeks. This is simply the treated hair being shed from the follicle, and is not new growth. Once the hair has fully shed you may be hair free for a few days, up to a few weeks leading up to your next treatment.
- Shaving is recommended between sessions and is recommended the day prior to your next appointment to minimize discomfort. If they areas is not cleanly shaved, we may not be able to treat. •Your session typically is scheduled in 4 weeks for facial areas, 6 to 8 weeks for other areas of the body.
- Adhering to this scheduled is important to ensure success of the treatments.
- Electrolysis, waxing, threading, tweezing or sugaring is to be avoided between sessions.
- Shaving or trimming of hair may be resumed normally during the duration of treatment.
AEROLASE LASER FACIAL/SKIN TREATMENTS
For LASER FACIALS, the Cynosure Apogee Elite Laser machine is an FDA approved skin resurfacing technology. It treats a variety of skin imperfections, including acne scarring, fine lines, wrinkles, large pores, uneven skin tone, dark pigmentation, and sun spots.
Over the course of four to five treatments, laser facials can help restore your skin’s youthful glow and appearance by smoothing out uneven textures caused by aging, sun damage or scars. You will see a more creamy, healthy complexion as large pores are reduced in size, and minor imperfections are diminished. The individual treatment results are subtle, and the overall effect of multiple treatments can be quite dramatic. *NO EXTRACTIONS ARE PERFORMED DURING A LASER FACIAL*
Before your Treatment:
- Do not wear makeup on the day of treatment
- Excess hair may need to be shaved. Men should be cleanly shaved
- No sun-tanning or self-tanners 4 weeks prior to treatment
- Includes spray tans, tanning lotions, tanning beds, sun exposure, etc.
- Avoid treatments that may irritate the skin for 1-2 weeks prior to treatment (waxing, depilatories, etc.) • Notify us with any changes to your health history or medications since your last appointment • History of herpes or cold sores may require an anti-viral prescription prior to treatment
After your Treatment:
- Avoid sun exposure and use a broad spectrum (UVA/UVB) sunscreen to prevent further sun damage • Bruising, redness and swelling may occur and resolve with time
- Avoid heat – hot tubs, saunas, etc. for 1-2 days
- Avoid skin irritants (examples below) a few days post-treatment like products containing tretinoin, retinol, benzoyl peroxide, glycolic/salicylic acids, astringents, etc. • Multiple treatments are required
- Notify us of any concerns (blistering, excessive redness/swelling, etc.)
- Consult the technician about when to resume skin care regime.
Basic In & Out Facial
Express cleansing and exfoliation, appropriate mask and a face and shoulder massage, NO EXTRACTIONS.
$90 – 30 minutes
Deep Pore Cleansing Facial
Deep Pore Cleansing Facial- Double cleaning, enzyme exfoliation, deep pore purge, appropriate serum and mask enzyme. *High frequency treatment included* Perfect for “problem” skin, or “haven’t’ had a facial in a long time” folks, enlarged pores and textured skin will be improved, with clearer, brighter and soothed skin, extractions included.
$150 – 60 minutes
This BIONIC FACIAL helps strengthen, tighten, and tone your skin with machines and specially formulated products penetrating deep into the dermis, working those fine lines and wrinkles and put them back in their place, extractions included.
$190 – 70 minutes
The Total Package Facial
This perfect 10 BIONIC FACIAL includes deep cleansing, fruit acid wash, full extractions, use of antiaging machines, and custom blended serums, skin specific treatment mask, full hand treatment, neck/shoulder/arm/hand massage. Bonus- sample products to take home. You will feel like a million bucks and be protected from environmental attack, extractions included.
$250 – 90 minutes
Designed for sensitive younger skin with a non-irritating, moisturizing deep cleanse, gentle exfoliation and gentle extractions to reveal a smoother, clearer complexion. Treat all breakouts, oiliness, dryness, and/or sensitivity. Just for our young fans, we include brief instruction and provide a home maintenance regimen for their skin, so bring your pad and pen for some notes.
$110 – 50 minutes
Back In Business
“Facial” treatment for the back or chest. Treat unsightly breakouts and feel confident doing your big reveal. Every clogged pore is managed with extractions and a body exfoliation. Light massage to shoulders and neck included.
$95 – 45 minutes
Deep Chemical Peel Survival Guide:
- DO NOT PICK, PEEL, or PULL AT PEELING SKIN
- Always keep your skin moisturized and drink a lot of water. Never let your skin dry out.
- While peeling, protect your skin!. Areas where you have glasses, masks, or shields rubbing on your skin causes friction. Put an extra layer of moisturizer on those areas to provide a cushion
- When you are going outside during the day wear your SPF, even on a grey or rainy day. If it’s an extra sunny day, throw on a hat for extra protection.
- Stay off from using makeup/foundation for as long as you can. Especially during the peeling process. You want to avoid makeup residue embedding into the peeling and new skin. After your new skin has settled in properly, you can resume wearing makeup. PLEASE REMEMBER TO REMOVE YOUR MAKEUP PROPERLY ON A DAILY BASIS
- For at least 3 weeks after your peel, use gentle products on your skin. Hold off on harsh active ingredients and stick to gentle products with ceramides to promote healing.
After the deep peel, the skin goes through an oxidation process where you will have some unevenness for a week or two. This is normal as the new skin settles in.
- Only use mild skincare products for the first 4-6 weeks after a peel.
- Please always use sunscreen when going out during the day. It doesn’t matter if it is a gloomy day or sunny day. No less than 30. The new skin is photosensitive, so protect it.
- Once the new skin is no longer raw or sensitive, incorporate pure vitamin C serum with your moisturizer at night. This antioxidant will help even out your skin. You just need to add 2-3 drops in your hand and mix it in your hand with your moisturizer.
What makes MMSL different? We actually cleanse your skin before each and every chemical service. We use chemicals to address signs of aging, tone loss, hyper pigmentation and acne. During your battle with acne, you can be left with scarred skin and sometimes increased pigmentation. Acne scars will often fade over time but sometimes they need a little help.
Lifestyle Chemical Peel
Lifestyle Chemical Peel- Want a chemical peel but don’t want the obvious shedding? Can’t afford the downtime? Want to avoid questions? The lifestyle chemical peel is the answer. Get the deep exfoliation without the obvious skin shedding. The carefully blended acids create a physical and chemical exfoliation to improve skin firmness, fight hyperpigmentation, reduce breakouts, and soften wrinkles. Best results achieved in a series of 6
$160 60 minutes
Traditional chemical peel blended for your skin type to provide minimal shedding over the course of 2-3 days to improve mild to moderate texture issues, hyperpigmentation, and quick pick-me-up to improve firmness.
$200 60 minutes
We Go Deep Peel
Let’s get deep and address some of the damage that accumulates over time. This peel goes a bit deeper to shed layers of skin to reveal a new you. Improve lax, rough, pigmented skin in 7-10 days with this carefully blended formula to rejuvenate the skin, soften fine lines and wrinkles, and prevent future damage.
$250 60 minutes
Ice Pick Peel
A wonderful solution for old and new pitted, pigmented scars. This is the perfect procedure to treat ice-pick, rolling or boxcar acne scars. Each treatment causes subtle rising of the level of acne scars from ‘deep’ to ‘shallow’. Finally see improvement in areas that have been a concern. If further treatments are required, it will be repeated at 4-6 week intervals. On average 2-3 treatments are required.
$100 60 minutes
Body Shed Peel
After an analysis, we select the right chemical blend to help regenerate skin on the arms, legs, chest, back elbows, knees and tummy. Although chemical body peels use the same skin-boosting acids as facial peels, they’re usually more concentrated. Body peels can be used to correct dryness, rough patches, uneven skin, wrinkles, and acne.
$40- $350 depending on area 45 minutes
ADVANCED SKINCARE TREATMENTS
Minimally invasive procedure to alleviate your wrinkles and tighten face, neck & body. Microneedling is the insertion of very fine short needles into the skin and use of medical grade serums for the purposes of rejuvenation. This treatment is used to improve the look of scars and boost collagen. We do our best to minimize discomfort and there is very little downtime with this procedure. We only use medical grade powerful epidermal growth factor (EGF) serums in our “liquid gold” after the microchanneling process. Skin treated with four microneedling sessions spaced one month apart produced up to a 400% increase in collagen and elastin for six months after completing treatments. Proven Results.
$300 60 minutes
see our dedicated laser pages for more information.
ADD ON TREATMENTS
Please allow extra 15-20 minutes for add on services
Use of machinery and custom blended serums to target active acne. Let’s take that acne down from being angry and red to your normal skin. This must be done is a series for the best results.
Bright, Tight, Glow
Used to add and extra pop to your face. Great for a night out and can improve cases of lax skin and hyperpigmentation.
Dry dehydrated skin can finally quench its thirst. Post workout, being outdoors, airplane travel, lack of daily water intake, you may need a drink.
If you haven’t had a facial in a long time, tend to build up a lot of debris on your skin, are a frequent shaver, its time to get rid of those layers of dead skin cells- you don’t need it! This two step exfoliation process rids you of those unnecessary layers and gets down to the skin we need to work with.
Add on to any facial to address wrinkles and fine lines, puffiness, dark circles.
LED Light Therapy
The technology for LED Light Therapy (or Light Emitting Diode Therapy) was originally created by NASA years ago as a way of growing plants in space. Today, LED Light Therapy is a light treatment that can be used to stimulate collagen production (reducing fine lines and wrinkles) and kill acne-causing bacteria on the skin, improving skin clarity—with no pain and no downtime.
$20 for 10 minutes
CONSULTATION/SKIN ANALYSIS/TREATMENT PLANNING
Not sure what your skin type is? Not ready to have a treatment on the spot? Not sure what treatment you should get? Just need some advise on products? This is an option for you to come to a safe space share your concerns and let’s discuss next steps
AT YOUR SERVICE
For those times you are unable to make it to the Lab, we can have the Lab come to you. Contact us to have certain treatments and skin care product help performed at your location.
$ Contact us for pricing
Mirror Mirror Skin Lab is a safe waxing haven where our wax is specially formulated to reduce discomfort by 50%. Our wax is flexible and sticks to the hair and not the skin. Safe for use at any age, and the number one choice for first timers. For super sensitive clients, add comfort numbing serum for an additional $10.
*additional surcharges may apply